
So here I am 4 days out from the 2010 CrossFit Sectionals for the Central Southern Texas Region, anxiously awaiting the heats and WOD's that will be let out of secret hiding today. I am going to be completely honest, I have been a complete mess worrying about this weekend. What will the workouts be, will I be strong enough, fast enough, flexible enough. How will I do, am I ready to compete at this elite level against some of the fittest women in Texas if not the world? Will I come in last...will I get my first DNF??....the list goes on and on. I would say as of this morning I was 30% excited and 70% scared. Ok maybe 90% scared 10% excited...yes I know it should be flipped. For me this is easier said then done. "This should be for fun and a great experience since I have never competed individually before in my life, or at elite level like this. Plus we are doing our affiliate team anyways so lets give it go" those were the words that came out of my mouth the day after I signed up 6 weeks ago when I decided to randomly sign up for the sectionals. I was training just to see since December but thought it wasn't my year. Well I was wrong. SOOO I have been training even harder, really pushing myself past where I thought I even would. I am stronger and faster. More Flexible and Fit. I have beat my body down through tons of two-a-days trying to prepare in every way I can. I have fueled my body to the best of my ability staying about 90-95% paleo. I am prepared to the best of my ability and have done everything that I can to prepare.... right? I love CrossFit ....right? I am CrossFit remember!!! So if that's the case then what the hell is wrong with me? I had a few hours with myself this morning and decided to find something that I was going to say to myself every time I had doubt and worries about this weekend. Something I would say when I could feel my hands shaking, when my heart starts to pound and my breathes falls short. So as Corney as it sounds I closed my eyes and immediately what came to my head was "I can...I will". Such small words with such large meaning. WOW....I have probably repeated this in my head now damn near a hundred times. Every time I say these words I get more and more excited to find out the WOD's and less and less worried what heat I'm in. Thinking about getting "marked up" makes me smile. Sporting my brand spankin new 512 CrossFit tee makes me feel proud. I am healthy and able to have the opportunity to compete at this elite level with so many amazing and humble athletes and coaches. I am an elite athlete and I have worked hard to be at that level so I'm going to be damn proud to say it and most of all I WILL BELIEVE IT. I know my Nana and Sister Sledge are going to be keeping an eye on me this weekend as I push myself well beyond the threshold of pain....I can...I will...I can...I will....I WANT IT!
Good Luck to all the amazing athletes that are competing this weekend. 512 CrossFit is ready to bring some heat.....we choose to be the Light.

You are correct nana and Sister sledge will be watching and pushing you to the bitter end. You are a very strong person inside and out and that is what makes you the awesome person you are. Remember you had these same thoughts when you took the title of your last competition.
ReplyDeletelove you